- read more
Open Letter from Potentate Dan Johnson
- read more
COVID – 19 Cancellations
All Activities have been Cancelled
Until Further Notice per Potentate, Grand
Master and Imperial
1. Shrine Circus Saturday & Sunday
2. Elbon lunch Widows meeting Canceled by the widows club.( March 17th)
3. Elbon lunch. Will be reevaluated week by week. (March 17th)
4. March 19th Grand lodge membership meeting. Canceled by the Grand Master
5. Tangier Ball moved to August .
6. Grand master Dinner Canceled (March 29th) After talking with the Grand Master We BOTH agreed to Cancel.
7. Blue valley Stag Canceled (March 19th) By the Club
8. Imperial Motor Corp Mid Winter April 3-5 CANCELED By Mr.Ed.
9. Nile Installation (March 29th) Cancelled
10. Pharaoh's meeting (March 16th) Cancelled
11. Pharaoh's Beer and Wine tasting (March 28th) Cancelled. Probably moved to fall.
12. Sesostris Ball (April 25th) Cancelled. New date has not been set at this time.
13. Dine at the Shrine (March 27th) Cancelled.
- It’s hard to believe that two months have already gone by. First, I and
Lady Becky and the 2020 Divan would like to say THANK YOU for allowing us to
serve as your leadership. It is an honor we do not take lightly. Thank you again for
allowing us to serve Sesostris Shrine.
On a personal note, I would like to thank all who were able to help or see
the Divan installation. I hope all had a great time!
I was pleased to see the Scottish Rite with many people there and having
fun laughing and enjoying themselves. I have to admit I was a bit nervous about my
pin, the Flying Pig. But, after telling the reason I picked my pin, and hearing everyone
laugh and telling me how much they liked it, I thought it was a good choice. I think
that set the year for having fun, and that’s what we need to do!
I hope all enjoyed the meal and the guest speakers at the Shrine Center.
I hope to have more speakers throughout the year. I believe we don’t hear enough
from the kids and family’s we help. It brings a new light on what we do, and why.
The Divan and I are implementingsome new changes at the Shrine
Center this year. We have voted to upgrade our computer server and software. We
all felt this needed to be done to help the Center run more efficiently and keep our
information safe. Second, with the money we received from the State of Nebraska
we have voted with the Finance Committee and the nobility to build an enclosed
storage building on the property north of the Shrine Center in the gated area. Thus,
this will give us more storage. Please give Doug Krogman a big THANK YOU
for this! He has spent many hours behind the scenes working on this. Thank you,
Noble Doug! Also, Noble Gene Casper will be our contractor. Thank you guys for
all your hard work!
Also, we voted to work with a company so we can start paying for our
events on the website. When we have an event at the Shrine Center, you can run a
tab at the bar, and pay with a credit card, and many more things. It’s in the planning
stage, so be patient. I think it will be a change for the better!
The Divan ladies have taken on a project of their own. So, look and help
support their fundraiser.
We have a NEW CIRCUS coming to town this year. It’s Cindy Migley’s
Circus Spectacular at the Lancaster Event Center, March 12-15. We will have eight
shows. Please come out and help support our NEW circus!
Please look at the Shrine website, calendar and the email blast for
upcoming events. This is the best way to keep informed on what is going on! It’s
going to be a fast and FUN year! So please keep up to date on events.
Thank you for all you do!Dan & Becky Johnson
Potentate & 1st Lady 2020
September 26 - October 1read more
Boston, The Freedom Trail & Plymouth
Informational Meeting - Feb 19th
Deadline for Reservations - July 20th